What is marketing? Without sticking to any set defined by the scholars, I will say marketing is getting a product or service to be known or seen by the esteemed client.This is not a definition of Aristotle or Socrates but a ‘Mama Mboga at Gikomba’. Put my tomatoes where they can be seen and pap! I got a buyer and that is internet marketing.
Marketing has for so long been a great budget allocation for corporate who compete for prime positions and channels. This drains the common man or an SME that cannot afford the muscle in the contest.
So what’s next? Internet marketing in Kenya can be the remedy for people with great ideas but lacking that market share. Though it comes at a cost it cannot be compared to the extreme charges of mainstream traditional marketing yet the outreach is arguably high.
What you Need for Successful Internet Marketing in Kenya
I can’t tell you all you need for internet marketing as it is a wide scope but the basics are here:
- You need a well-designed and user friendly website. This is like your online presentation that clients will always refer to.
- The strength of a website can mean a lot in the amount of income a website will generate. Many people look down upon their website and this is great dent to their brand and prospects. A well designed site with the right content a journey half covered.
- Online branding, a strong voice of getting respect, networks and authority online and users must ensure that their online presence has the desired authority.
- You need to embrace social media and use it well to interact with your audience and generate more traffic to your site. There are many internet marketing specialists in Kenya that will help you approach these tools safely.
- Internet marketing in Kenya also needs research and strategies to know the market and competition so as to face it courageously.
- SEO in Kenya is another tool that internet marketing in Kenya employs to get you the results you need. Like the Mama mboga you must make sure you have a good position in the market to be able to sell your products.
Common Mistakes Marketers Make in Internet Marketing
- Websites that lack enough content. Content is what drives a websites growth and ranking without a good content strategy a website cannot thrive in internet marketing in Kenya.
- Having a poorly designed website. Looks mean a lot and the moment your site looks like a tattered book, the client stops taking you serious.
- Not taking time to research on right keywords and competition analysis.
- Disregarding social media or not using it wisely.
- Lack of SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
However great your idea, service or product is marketing is integral and unavoidable. Internet marketing finds the modern crowd at their leisure and without straining your product or service has more room for consideration. Internet marketing in Kenya has helped many young enterprises grow. Take your time today and try engaging the experts on how to get the online buzz on.